You Can Make a Difference!
***Our 2013 Summer Student Program is now full.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center welcomes caring individuals to be a part of our team of volunteers. Join us as we continue to grow to meet the growing needs of our community!
We continue to recruit volunteers for the following areas of the hospital:
- Discharge Concierge – Discharge patients from units; escort patients throughout hospital; escort visitors; assist on patient units as needed. Must be able to push wheelchair and walk/stand for short periods of time. Hours needed are M-F, 1:30-5pm.
- Information Desk – Greet patients, families and other visitors to the hospitals.
- Clerical Support – Assist our many administrative offices with clerical projects such as collating, filing, copying, answering telephones.
- Patient Care areas – Assist our professional and paraprofessional staff with delivering excellent patient care.
- Patient Registration (Escort) – Help make our newest patients comfortable as they experience pre-surgical testing, same day surgery, or general admission.
- Operating Room Liaison – Communicate with our patients’ families and friends who patiently await news from the operating room about their loved one.
Or, be a part of the wonderful fundraising activities sponsored by the VBMC Auxiliary such as:
- Gift Shop - Customer service oriented person needed to assist with sales, stock and deliveries.
- The Corner Cupboard - People person needed to operate small café. Great job to do with a friend! Hours: M-F, 8-12 and 12-4.
Further questions can be answered by calling the Volunteer Resources Office at (845) 431-5664 or contacting us below.
Manager, Volunteer Resources
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
45 Reade Place
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Adult Application - To apply, please CLICK HERE to print application form and complete.
If you are a student, please click on the application below that applies to you!
High School Student Application
College Student Application - Please verify that your college is contracted with VBMC before completing this application.